Friday, January 16, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things

It sure didn't take long for me to blow it on being consistent with my blogging. Maybe I was a little too ambitious thinking I could start a blog right before Christmas! In any case, I am starting anew and will try my best to write a little more frequently than once a month! I have a lot of things I would like to write about, but it feels a little overwhelming at the moment. So, I think I will just start off today with a couple of cute things the kids said and did recently...
*The other day we were driving in the car and heading to a restaurant. I gave the kids some hand sanitizer to clean off a little bit before we got there. Ever the mother hen, Kaleigh was giving Chase lots of "advice" on how best to clean his hands. Chase got frustrated with her and finally said, "Kaleigh, stop it! I don't need your help. I am an expert in hand sanitizers! Actually, I am an expert in lots of things!" Good to know.
*Yesterday, I took Chase to do all the preliminary registration for Kindergarten in the Fall. When we were driving home he said, " Mommy, I'm ready for school now. I have a backpack and some shirts. I think I would like to have some new shirts, though."
*Last month we finally set the kids' computer up with the internet (mainly so that Kaleigh could play Webkinz online and stay off my computer!). Kaleigh then noticed that you could search for things on the internet through Google. She thought that was so cool and couldn't wait for us to help her do it (no unsupervised time on the internet!). Once Randy was able to help her with it the question then became "What will she search for first?" Kids are so observant and inquisitive that the options were limitless. Randy waited in anticipation on the edge of his seat to see what "the first search" would be. Then, with no hesitation, Kaleigh typed in...
"why is the b in lamb silent"
Interesting question, indeed.

2 comments:

Seth said...

I love it!!! Tell Chase I am the expert of many things as well. Just ask his dad.

Mom said...

NEXT TIME I HAVE A QUESTION I WILL CALL MR CHASE TEDROW FOR HIS "EXPERT ADVICE"

SO...WHY IS THE "B" IN LAMB SILENT? DID SHE ASK CHASE?